Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Convocation 2015

Our convocation was one of the few opportunities that we got to be on the Sricity campus with our juniors. It was a big day for all of us. After two long years of classes and exams, we were finally going to get our degrees. Our professors seemed to be more excited than we were, trying to get us ready for one of the most important days of our life. Rehearsals were fun with professors arguing about minute details and arrangements and trying to get us students to behave at least for those few hours of the graduation ceremony.

We were told to remember umpteen things; shake hands with the chief guest, smile, say thank you, pose for the camera all within those few seconds we got to be on stage. But for me, the most difficult task of all was not to trip and fall in front of all those people, it being made tougher with the saree that was draped with inexperienced hands. I was nervous and excited at the same time.

Despite all this on my mind, those few seconds were one of the most memorable of my life. Along with my degree, I received the scholarship as well as the C.M Kothari award for meritorious performance. As I walked back to my seat wearing the gold medal, I saw my parents’ happy faces in the audience and at that point of time I felt that all the effort and time spent on MBA was totally worth it. 

I carry happy memories from the convocation. Meeting friends after a long time, congratulating each other, getting the blessings of professors, taking a million pics and of course throwing our graduation hats in the air. I wouldn’t say I am sad that college days are over because I know that I would always be in touch with all the friends I made during those 2 years. IFMR has given me more than what I asked for. Though I have graduated before, this day would always remain special.

                                                                                                                       - Charusree Rajagopal
                                                                                                                          Batch 14

No comments:

Post a Comment