Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's placement Season!!!!

“Hey, what is the SLR rate?”, “Do you have any idea about the earnings of XYZ company?”, “What is the latest update on 2G scam?”.
Of late, these kind of questions were doing their rounds at our campus at IFMR. I could sense some excitement, nervousness and anxiety- all at the same time- in the faces of my beloved seniors. For some time now seniors are seen dressed in formals and a well manicured hairstyle. One of my professors said that he saw "penguins" in the campus. He was referring to the 2nd year students in their black blazers and white shirts.

I wonder what is the reason for all the sudden change in the atmosphere. A little of small talk and I came to know that companies are in the campus for final placements. Last minute preparations and some advices were the order of the day. I wonder what final placements mean? For me, it is the stage which would provide management graduates like me, the first step to build that career that I dreamt about. It also means a lot of other things. No more assignments! No more lectures! Importantly no more grades! But the big boys and girls have to spend another six months before these things stop troubling them.
The guys had put in a lot of time and effort in pursuit of knowledge & here they are facing the interview with confidence.
          We have a reason to celebrate as a majority of my seniors have already been placed. Banks, IT firms & Insurance companies have been the major recruiters so far. One of the biggest & most reputed banks in the world came specifically to recruit our financial engineers.
With many more companies expected, this is a good time to be in IFMR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment